Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh!

Just got back from practicing. I've been waiting all week for the few hours of free time I had today, and I absolutely and completely sucked!

Man...it's hard to keep going sometimes!

R.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ugh!

Just got back from practicing. I've been waiting all week for the few hours of free time I had today, and I absolutely and completely sucked!

R.
I know the feeling. I split my lip so bad I haven't played since last Sunday. I think today I'm healed enough to get back at it, but I hate when the rust builds up.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
replace the sweet'n low in your cofee for some cement powder, get a helmet, and harden the f**k up, kife's a bitch! :mrgreen: (funny way to say "keep goin man"? huh? )

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Rory, I'm sure I'm nowhere near the player that you are but I have the same issues with sporadic playing. It's disappointing to reach a level of playing then be forced to take a hiatus and be left feeling like you're starting over. I'm sure you know this and are just blowing off steam, but it does come back pretty quickly.

·
Registered
Tenor- Selmer Series II Jubilee & Soprano- Selmer Mark VI
316 Posts
Sorry that you are down right now but.... If you love to play, keep playing. Keep working toward the sounds you want or songs you want to play. Keep playing, it will get better.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
790 Posts
Everybody has good and bad days. I hate that "I Suck" feeling. It's usually when I can't get focused mentally. Of course, a bad reed day can turn any practice session into a nightmare too.

Randy
www.randyhunterjazz.com
Online Jazz Lessons and Books
New Lesson:
Making Sense of Jazz Improvisation
Lesson Series:
Introduction to the Blues
The Arpeggio Circle
Through the Keys
and more...
Lessons page: www.beginningsax.com/Jazz Improv Lessons.htm
Rhythm Changes Demo:
Rhythm Changes Lesson:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 &
1,270 Posts
Doesn't even have to be after a hiatus-----some practice sessions just suck for no particular reason that I've been able to figure out. I'm learning that, for me, when I detect that one of those sessions has come upon me, I cut my losses and go do something else, provided that it's just me and the horn. if it's an ensemble session, I try to be quiet and preferably invisible. Tomorrow has to be better!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,298 Posts
blame your reeds!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Always with the negative waves...why don't you say something beautiful for a change.

edit: as long as you don't "blow" as well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
Your spirits will be lifted if the Flyers do well in The Stanley Cup Playoffs.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,315 Posts
Get a good nights sleep and sell your horns in the morning. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Hey, Since I put a new bite plate on a Brilhart #9 mpc, my Brilhart #5 and my Berg Larsen 90/1/M piece sound horrible compared... What a deal!... one mpc ruins two perfectly fine playing ones...

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Ugh!

R.
I'm sure you don't suck as much as I do but somehow I keep telling myself that I have gone too far to quit now after all this time and money invested in this strange apparatus.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,345 Posts
Nah you don't... I saw the youtubes. If you want to see someone that really sucks, walk over this way.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts