Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been frustrated with two different MPC's Jody Jazz and Meyers 6 so I called Ron and he was so nice hope the MPC he makes works well for me and my Keilsworth SX90

What do you guys think ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
I think it amusing that so many seek affirmation after placing an order rather than asking guidance beforehand.

Ron's a good guy and has probably made a few mouthpieces for folk playing J-Ks.

Readers might find the process interesting, tho', if you would share a few details.

What did you tell him were the problems with your current setups?

What did you tell him were your goals?

What did Ron suggest?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
I think it amusing that so many seek affirmation after placing an order rather than asking guidance beforehand.

Ron's a good guy and has probably made a few mouthpieces for folk playing J-Ks.

Readers might find the process interesting, tho', if you would share a few details.

What did you tell him were the problems with your current setups?

What did you tell him were your goals?

What did Ron suggest?
One of those guys who played a JK and an RPC was James Moody.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have only played for a short time he suggested a setup for blues and jazz which is what I play and I told not too open but free blowing and I have a Keilsworth (oh no) lol SX90 so there you have it

·
32,962 Posts
Rollover, baffle, .105", .120"???

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah. Mouthpiece selection has a lot of factors that involve patience. I know the feeling. Hope it works for you Best wishes.

sent from Mikey's Super Inspire 4G

·
32,962 Posts
Well I have only played for a short time he suggested a setup for blues and jazz which is what I play and I told not too open but free blowing and I have a Keilsworth (oh no) lol SX90 so there you have it
"Keilwerth" perhaps???

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,387 Posts
I had an old 130 that ron made years ago and it was great. I had triple High Cs galore but I couldn't get past it not sounding like a metal piece so I went the link/guardala route. But, I played a Datta recently and the first thing I thought of was that it played like that RPC. Tons of sound, easy to play and lots of alt. Just not a "metal" tone. So, if you told Ron what you want/need he'll do his best to please you. K

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,027 Posts
I think you'll be very happy with it and you'll be pretty amazed at what it's like to play a truly great mpc. Of course, I'm biased. I have three of these mpcs, although they are larger tips, which is where Ron really excels. But he's very good at making you what you ask for.

·
32,962 Posts
That tenor .105R was one of the designs that Ron first made - I had one about 15 years ago.

FWIW, his bari sax .105R is one of the sweetest, singingest, pieces I've played on bari.

He's good...

·
32,962 Posts
Some could even misspell "J-K".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts

·
23,027 Posts
Man, I saw more posts here, tuned back in to see what more would be said about my favorite mpc, and you guys are engaged in a spelling bee! :) I have to admit I don't like mispellings either. Did I spell 'mispellings' right?

·
23,027 Posts
Somebody's wrong...
LOL, I was wrong, warp x had it right. The proper spelling is "misspell." I looked it up! Damn & I thought I was a pretty good speller.

Hey dogster, after you get the mpc and play it for awhile, open this thread again and let us know how you like it. It'll probably be a couple of months. Be patient. The wait will be well worth it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts