Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love it.
1. There are pent patterns on the basic scale I've never explored.
2. There are many small variations on the pent that imply a different tonality but don't completely leave the parent scale. Love it for adding the out feel to my lines but still in.
3. I haven't' read anything on sax in years. (I just do exercises and memorize changes) so I'm using this to play through and get my reading chops back for a sax quartet I'm going to join in a month. I can feel it bringing back my sight reading and pattern reading. Very useful. so for 30 bucks this is hours and hours of training material. Probably years to be honest. Highly /reccomended !!! So for now my horn is from SOTW (bought a used YAS 82Z years ago here) my mouthpiece (10 M showboat) is from SOTW and with Neffs book I guess my lines will come from SOTW. Wow K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,303 Posts
Steve's Approach Note Velocity book is another great one to keep reading skills in shape. My copy is so beat up at this point because I'm always flipping to random pages for some quick reading in a specific key.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,785 Posts
I absolutely love it.
1. There are pent patterns on the basic scale I've never explored.
2. There are many small variations on the pent that imply a different tonality but don't completely leave the parent scale. Love it for adding the out feel to my lines but still in.
3. I haven't' read anything on sax in years. (I just do exercises and memorize changes) so I'm using this to play through and get my reading chops back for a sax quartet I'm going to join in a month. I can feel it bringing back my sight reading and pattern reading. Very useful. so for 30 bucks this is hours and hours of training material. Probably years to be honest. Highly /reccomended !!! So for now my horn is from SOTW (bought a used YAS 82Z years ago here) my mouthpiece (10 M showboat) is from SOTW and with Neffs book I guess my lines will come from SOTW. Wow K
That's great Keith. Try using them over a minor blues also. It is really cool experimenting with the alterations over the minor blues changes. I actually had a Skype student come to his lesson with questions on how to use it on a minor blues so we worked on it in the lesson. They sound killin' on it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts