Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received it two days ago. All original except it appears there has been some relacquering done. The original owner who acquired it from his father (who played it since it was brand new) in 1960, says it had to be done before then because he hadn't done it, and in fact hadn't played it much in the past 50 some years. It's at the tech who will have it for about a month due to his tight summer schedule. On first inspection the snap-on resonator/pad system is intact and the norton springs are all good. I'm excited!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Congratulations. That is going to be a long month until you get it back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the only way I can wait that long is I have my Big B alto and tenor. But it will be great to hear it then. It sounded brighter than the others before any work is started.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Well the only way I can wait that long is I have my Big B alto and tenor. But it will be great to hear it then. It sounded brighter than the others before any work is started.
Wilbur, I did find a nearly perfect avatar for you....

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not only can he talk, he can play...however he is hard on mouthpieces with most of them having toothmark issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wilbur, I did find a nearly perfect avatar for you....
OK...I'll give it a play...as long as Mr. Ed faces the camera and not the other way around...wouldn't want to get started on this forum being known as a horse's ...."

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Not only can he talk, he can play...however he is hard on mouthpieces with most of them having toothmark issues.
Muahahahahahahaha.... :twisted:

For the younger crowd that may not be getting the reference, Wilber, is the human. The horse, Mr. Ed, could talk, do math, and play musical instruments. People were always astonished that a horse could do those things -- much like they are when they realize I can too. :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts