Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Unison 5002, very gently used. I never really played it. I'm interested in selling it.

Does anyone have any advice on selling? I really need to get the money from this. Its listed as new for $1200, so I'm interested in selling it for maybe $1000-$1100. Does everyone think this is fair?

If you're interested in buying, please contact me as well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,300 Posts
You may get 6-7 hundred on ebay if you're lucky. 1k is way too optimistic. Sorry.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,484 Posts
Yup. From what I've seen here and on eBay, for that level of horn, reasonably expect resale to be somewhere between 50 & 60% of retail. Maybe 75% if the timing is right. If you're lucky in the stock market or picking lottery numbers, you may get $1,000. But good luck anyway!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,487 Posts
90% of retail won't get anyone interested. Every product takes an enourmous value hit when it leaves a retail setting, especially when sold brand new. I don't see it breaking $400 bucks on eBay even if you've sold a lot of instruments there before....

here's a Unision 5002 that's been listed for weeks at a $700 BIN. Only one offer on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unison-5002-Eb-...816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0b01e850

I would value your horn at around $500 in a personal sale based what I've observed about the depriciation and sale of a number of other asian-rim instruments; particularily ones marketed as a "student" instrument by it's manufacturer. Unisons aren't well known outside enthusiast circles, so forums like this are probably your best bet at moving it. I would put a price on it, list it in the for sale section, and see what happens.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
He said Asian- rim.. Unfortunately, It is hard to sell even a good horn now. Tough times I guess. I had a German Keilwerth that was hard to get $900 for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts