Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am trying to pay for an instrument i bought but every time it keeps saying that the purchase cant be processed. its not that i dont have enough money because i checked. so i just went on and tried to buy the cheapest thing. it still didnt work. so i created another account and tried to buy something and it worked. so its a problem with that ebay account. i talked to someone from the ebay help line and they said that it could be paypal but i used the same paypal account to pay for the one that worked. so i dont know what to do . i need some help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the same issue with a mouthpiece I won last week. Bought 3 others with no issues. Hopefully this isn't becoming chronic with eBay/PayPal. Msg said seller cannot receive payment or some such thing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue with a mouthpiece I won last week. Bought 3 others with no issues. Hopefully this isn't becoming chronic with eBay/PayPal. Msg said seller cannot receive payment or some such thing.
yeah i did. i told them that since i can buy it on a different account that if they can, they should cancel this order, relist it for how much i won the bid for and send me the link to the listing so that i can buy it on the account that works.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,992 Posts
Your explanation is still unclear.

When you say "I created another account" ....do you mean you created a second eBay account for yourself ?

And linked it to your same, lone PayPal account ?

And you used the second eBay account to pay for a different item and it worked ?

Because if that is what you mean...did you try using the second account to pay for the initial item you wanted to pay for ?

You see, I am confused as to whether the problem is with YOUR account being allowed to complete a payment - or SELLER's being allowed to receive a payment.

You should contact Paypal as well, IMHO.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your explanation is still unclear.

When you say "I created another account" ....do you mean you created a second eBay account for yourself ?

And linked it to your same, lone PayPal account ?

And you used the second eBay account to pay for a different item and it worked ?

Because if that is what you mean...did you try using the second account to pay for the initial item you wanted to pay for ?

You see, I am confused as to whether the problem is with YOUR account being allowed to complete a payment - or SELLER's being allowed to receive a payment.

You should contact Paypal as well, IMHO.
this is what i have done.
on the first account i tried to buy the item on, i used my credit card, and two of my paypal accounts to try to pay for it. none work. i called ebay and they said that it was a problem with paypal. so i called paypal and waited 20 minutes before giving up. i contacted the sellers and they agreed to cancel the order so i could try on my second account

on my second account i tried the same thing on as the first to no avail. so again they cancelled it and i tried on my third account.

on the third account it again failed on all three. i called them again and again they said it was paypal. i would have called paypal but i had to go to work.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,992 Posts
Hmmmm....that's a drag. Never have had that problem.

It'd seem to me...since you first tried paying directly with a credit card via eBay and it wouldn't process....that the issue isn't Paypal.
Because paying directly with a credit card on file with eBay doesn't use the Paypal system at all. T
his would suggest the issue is eBay (unless you payed using Paypal but fiunded the Paypal payment with a credit card).
Bizarre....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm....that's a drag. Never have had that problem.

It'd seem to me...since you first tried paying directly with a credit card via eBay and it wouldn't process....that the issue isn't Paypal.
Because paying directly with a credit card on file with eBay doesn't use the Paypal system at all. T
his would suggest the issue is eBay (unless you payed using Paypal but fiunded the Paypal payment with a credit card).
Bizarre....
yeah the card that im using is the same one that i have connected to my paypal accounts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
me and the seller have worked out a plan. im going to drive to there place and pay for it in cash and pick up the instrument.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts