Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been working on the Histoire Du Tango by Piazzolla for a little while now, I'm performing it on Soprano Sax with piano accompaniment. Night-Club 1960 is a hot fave along with Cafe 1930... I'm hoping to get these ready for our next concert (www.myspace.com/rapsodiexarte)

The thing is, in Night-Club 1960.. when it gets to bar 54 - I'm not sure of the etiquette!.. there is rhythmic notation marked 'T T TKTK' etc. underneath. I know how this works on the flute but I am having problems translating this to the sax whilst making it sound audible over the piano. Does anyone here know of what exactly should happen in this section??

Thanks

Andy

·
Distinguished Member
637 Posts
It's really up to interpretation. In the sax quartet-made version of the piece it turned into that rhythm in the soprano/tenor but they were half a step away from each other. I believe when Nobuya Sugawa recorded this he just plays a D and slap-tongues the accents and regularly tongues the other or something like that. Maybe you can even find an interesting multi-phonic that works. I think this is what sax quartets do in the Four for Tango arrangement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts