Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't listened to this piece in quite some time, in fact I actually forgot I had written it. I was going through some CD's of mine and it kind of jumped out at me.
No, there isn't saxophone on the composition but possibly it might be a nice momentary change of pace for those who may enjoy something else from time to time. The only correlation this work has in a saxophone forum is that the composer who wrote this piece happens to play tenor saxophone.

10:44 in length...

I May Be Synthetic But That's Just Natural...
http://www.box.net/shared/4shv0t6xq5s1imj79c9s

·
Banned
334 Posts
Nice work mike, I think it will sound even greater if recorded with real instruments. I've heard other compositions of yours and I always find them very interesting.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Yes, interesting piece Mike... I have enjoyed several examples of your playing & this 'is' a nice change up composition, almost thematic but abstract too, nice stuff!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work mike, I think it will sound even greater if recorded with real instruments. I've heard other compositions of yours and I always find them very interesting.
Yes, that was once a dream of mine koumou but I've let that dream go. The wonderful thing about software is at least we can have the concept and idea's realized in some form.
Edgard Varese stated in 1920.

I dream of instruments obedient to my thought and which with their contribution of a whole new world of unsuspected sounds, will lend themselves to the exigencies of my inner rhythm.

It's a shame that Varese did not live in that world as we live in today.

Thank you koumou!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts