Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of you out there, but I love my TH&C 342XXX tenor. The ergos are perfect for me. The overtones are easy. The tone is awesome. This sax can do it all! I also have a Cannonball Lady Godiva tenor that is a pretty good horn, but I like the TH&C much better.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,396 Posts
AH,,,

Yes I miss her dearly....I told you you would not be sorry.Play it it good health.....remember I get first shot to get it back if you ever decide to sell which I doubt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, BigHunk.....you've definately got first shot if I decide to sell......but don't expect it any time soon!
What about the rest of you? How do your TH&C's stack up against other saxes you have played (alto or tenor)?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
I'm a TH&C player myself. I only have one tenor that I would like to play besides my 400 TH&C and that's a small bell Big B tenor wich is transitional to 400's tenors... (so it's more or like the same beast)

The only thing I changed on mine are strap hook relocation (.5" lower and rotated towards the side Bb keycup) and turned a plastic LH thumbrest to fit over the oem pearl wich was small for my hand.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I love my TH&C, the tone is just gorgeous through all registers, and thats all I'm looking for, I will sacrifice pretty much everything for a tone that makes my heart sing.
Fortunately there's not much sacrifice going on, plays like a butter between my fingers!!

My only qualm would be about the low c# key, a little awkward stiff at times. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'll join the chorus...I love my TH&C too. It has a great tone, is very mouthpiece friendly, really good ergos and flat out the best intonation of any sax which I have ever played. I love to see the expression on the faces in MkVI players when they try it.... ;-).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts