Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It sounds great your playing is much better than mine just from the short clip I listened to ;) I thought Shaker Song was a Spyro Gyra tune form the late '70s. Did someone else write it earlier?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Shaker Song is a Spyro Gyra song. We learned it for a trio I'm in that performs at Convalescent hospitals. I picked Flute as something serious 3+ years ago. Taking lessons and playing hour plus a day. I'm finding more playing opportunities for flute in the smaller size groups as I age. much less desire to be in a club blowing loud and long for 60 bucks till 1 in the morning. this is fun. K

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
Great!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
View attachment 195986

:mrgreen:

Flute's a gas. I was talking to a friend of mine in Hawai'i a couple of years ago, hadn't met up with him in a long time, and was surprised to hear that he had caught the flute bug. Practiced his butt off. Takeo had been a trumpet player I had admired since high school but made the switch. I love it.

Glad to see that you're putting it to good use.

·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dogster email me your address and I'll send you the track. Or you can pay CD baby the 99 cents. K

·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These days I probably sound like a flute player playing sax. The tone on flute is so pure. I just find myself playing it more and more. and so easy on my back K

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
On my Duo gig it's a Lifesaver..blowing a tenor 2 feet in front of a full table of people trying to have brunch and talk is tough, Flute ahh not so bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts