Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got myself an SX90 Black Nickel Tenor. It is really sweet. Now I have to go and practice :)

Sorry for the bad pics.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey, Chilipepper! I have an SX90R I bought new 20+ years ago, also the black nickel finish. I still LOVE the thing and it is my main tenor although I still have a great fondness for my YTS61. Enjoy!

And nice looking case, by the way. Mine came with a poor case considering the $$ I laid out for it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And nice looking case, by the way. Mine came with a poor case considering the $$ I laid out for it.
Yeah, it's a nice case. It is a Keilwerth labeled Jakob Winter case. The only downside is that it is really heavy.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Hey guys, I just got myself an SX90 Black Nickel Tenor. It is really sweet. Now I have to go and practice :)

Sorry for the bad pics.
My daughter Hannah and I love our SXs. Hers is lacquer;mine is black nickel! Fantastic saxes!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My daughter Hannah and I love our SXs. Hers is lacquer;mine is black nickel! Fantastic saxes!
The more I play it, the more I like it. I have been wanting one for such along time and I finally was able to get one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just joined the SX90 club too. I just acquired an SX90II soprano. It has a sweet, warm and clear sound top to bottom with the straight neck. The curved neck gives a strange sound that jumps to higher octave easily. Anyone esle have that issue with that neck? I also have a Cannonball Brute Stone Straight soprano that I love. Very similar sound using the same MPC, a SopranoPlanet Via Coro SJ

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts
The curved neck gives a strange sound that jumps to higher octave easily.
Check your octave key mechanism on the curved neck. It may not be opening properly, or maybe it is not closing properly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No, thanks but thats the first thing I did. It works if I press down on the key compressing the pad. but based on the straight neck working so well and it appears very similarly seated and the paper check with both seems the same I am stumped

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,853 Posts
Great looking horn. Once you go SX, it's difficult to go back to anything else. I have tried and nothing beats my SX Model-non-90.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Upon rechecking the octave mechanism with both the straight neck and the curved one, I found a gap indicating full closure on the straight and sure enough saw no gap with the curved so I sanded the cork stop a little creating a gap and it works great. Obviously it takes almost no leak at all to keep up an octave on the higher keys.
Thanks for your post which caused me to recheck and fix the problem without added expense.
I love SOTW for just the kind of communications like this from great members such as yourself

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,126 Posts
Thanks for your post which caused me to recheck and fix the problem without added expense.
I love SOTW for just the kind of communications like this from great members such as yourself
Aw shucks. You're welcome. I'm glad it was easy to fix.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts