Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make things easier for mouthpiece changing and finding between different alto and tenor blowing... Some things are still lost, at least I can find some mouthpieces...

·
Über Geek, Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SO
3,841 Posts
With that many mouthpieces, are you able to find an embouchure, or do you need a rack for that, too?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
nice :)
what a luxury of choices. :)
Most of us, including myself have GAS.
thus, with the latest acquisition of my alto Selmer Soloist C (vintage), I told myself not to switch mouthpiece for the next 3-4 months so that I can work through the mouthpiece before establishing an adequate basis for review. :)
this includes no changes for the ligature - which is a new Paraschos wooden alto lig.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,589 Posts
That looks like a tie rack I sold at a yard sale a couple years ago! Good idea though...I try to keep them in their boxes/ tubes in a drawer, but that can be tough when you buy used and they come without packaging. If I had a rack like that, I am afraid I would spend more time changing mouthpieces than really practicing. I guess out of sight, out of mind works best for me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keeping a consistent embouchure on different pieces is not difficult for me... At around 10 or 12 years of age I was told my my dentist that I would never need braces and had what he called 'a perfect bite' alignment of my teeth...? mpcs are Vito Melodia tenor 3V (Lelandais) - Early Brilhart Level Aire 5 w/ concave baffle - Selmer Jazz 'D' alto - Vito Melodia alto 2V (Lelandais) - Later Brilhart Level Aire 9 w/ flat baffle - 1928 Martin Handcraft alto large chamber - Berg Larsen 90/1/M tenor - 1940's King Equa-Tru 'D' tenor large chamber - I practice mostly on a Buffet SDA and Viio/Beaugnier tenors & Conn 6M and Vito/France altos... I have a Yani copy soprano that I like my JJ #6 HR piece with...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts