1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
Was Interest factored in... a carton of beer to say sorry at least?

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yes - 16 years at 5% and $50 collection fee to boot

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts
Whoa. Makes me want to track down the people who owe me $200, & it's only been 6 months.
Well if this story has taught us anything its that you have to wait years and years so you can collect interest plus late fees:twisted: The guy that owes you might have is stuff together better and feel bad and pay. Think of it like a CD at a bank!

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
True story: I am still owed an ice-cream cone by Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream on Hennepin Ave. in Mpls. for a Klezmer (!) clarinet gig that I played, coincidentally around that same time, 1996 or so. I did the gig for fun, it was about two hours, and the only (quite modest) stipulation was a free ice-cream cone, which the management had agreed to. On the break, I stood in line, ordered a cone. When I got to the register, I explained the arrangement to the clerk. "The manager didn't tell me anything about that." So, they refused to give me the cone THAT THEY HAD ALREADY MADE. I didn't have any cash on me, so no cone. I very uncharacteristically threw a fit, and told them that I'd never buy ice cream from them again (I kept my word). If they are still open, I would still like that cone. *sigh*

Update: they are still open at that location (Franklin and Hennepin), so could still right their wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts