Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through some boxes in the garage today to get things organized there again and stumbled over some cd's that I thought were lost. One of them with some older recordings we did with our Bigband about 19 or 20 years ago. I'm still playing t-bone there, a few years later I finally made the right move to the front row.

https://app.box.com/s/xiqruim4sad0fihlbk7s9dus1rzj9zdu

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Keith and Peter.
I just went through some photo's from that period, lots has changed but there are still 8 members from back then still playing with this band that started as a youth ensemble at the local music school. From the very beginning the bandleader and the (now) 2nd trumpet are still there and having their 40 year anniversary next year.

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
Wow, 40 years in one band is a long time!

I'm now for 14 years in by big band and the biggest part of our group is there already for 10 years or more. The longest member is our bass player, but he will stop this summer because of health issue.

I'm amazed about the quality of your old Big Band tracks, both for playing and recording quality, very good for (in that time) young people.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, 40 years in one band is a long time!

I'm now for 14 years in by big band and the biggest part of our group is there already for 10 years or more. The longest member is our bass player, but he will stop this summer because of health issue.

I'm amazed about the quality of your old Big Band tracks, both for playing and recording quality, very good for (in that time) young people.
Most of the players started at an early age and grew up within the brass and wind culture/tradition here in the South part (in Dutch, Fanfare and Harmonie) of Holland, were most start at an early age. At the time of these recordings I think most of us were between 30 and 35 years old.
The current members are for the most between 40 and 55 now. We have two 20 year old youngsters who joined us last year.

The recordings were done at Telstar Studio's (Johnny Hoes) and took several days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts