Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P plays very easily and I played it today without the hand pain that I get from my Mk 6. Very nice. I would like to buy a Cball global big bell (tone I think is darker and fatter) and play that against this P. I have tryed it and liked the tone but when I tryed it, I was playing against my Mk 6 and really don't want a horn that aggravates my hands the way the 6 does. Any info apprecitated. K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my p hangs straight down and I use no torque to turn the sax to play. My 6 , even after resoldering the neckstrap hook feels like I have to turn it to play. Plus the palms are so much more "right" with the P than my 6. The 6 has the sound, though. I just want to play and not worry about my hands hurting. K

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,547 Posts
The P 66 tone hole placement is more like a Selmer Series III than a MKVI. The P system 76 is based on the MKVI tone hole placement. I personally found the Cannonball ergos to be very similar to both a B&S and P 66R...a bit smoother and IMO better, more ergo friendly key touches ...as are most more modern horns than even a MKVI.....The MKVI was just the first to head in that direction 50 years ago with the swivel spatula/bell key cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts