Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was invited to play with the band and I had so much fun playing with these guys. Wasn't familiar with the song Valerie, but went for it anyway. Just grabbed an impromptu recording (which came out meh) but can hear my sax well enough with the Cajone, Guitar and Singer. Gave me an idea of how things went.

https://youtu.be/l2ThC6T7tMo

I'm still in High School (just starting my Junior year)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not seeing a link...looking forward to giving it a listen!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wow! You just killed it! What a great groove you had with the band. I actually kind of liked the low-fi recording in a sort of grainy street photography sense. And it’s a shame you didn’t at least get some some other stills to go with the video.

I guess it is best to err on the side of hanging back when you are first asked to join in with some folks, but it seemed to me that the vocalist asking you to dance (musically) with her in the last 1/4 of the song. Maybe she was not looking your way or whatever, but there could have been some good interplay there it seems to me.

I hope others chime in with their thoughts. Well done!

79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! You just killed it! What a great groove you had with the band. I actually kind of liked the low-fi recording in a sort of grainy street photography sense. And it’s a shame you didn’t at least get some some other stills to go with the video.

I guess it is best to err on the side of hanging back when you are first asked to join in with some folks, but it seemed to me that the vocalist asking you to dance (musically) with her in the last 1/4 of the song. Maybe she was not looking your way or whatever, but there could have been some good interplay there it seems to me.

I hope others chime in with their thoughts. Well done!
Thanks Man! Was so much fun. I crack up everytime I hear the airplane passing overhead. I did try to go back and forth a bit with Kelly (the singer) but either I was to far from the mic or the sound guy turned me down a bit. I think it was mostly me though...probably should have eaten that mic a bit more.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dude, awesome! Great flow, timing, structure to your playing.

16? Clearly you're a natural.

Don't stop playing!

79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude, awesome! Great flow, timing, structure to your playing.

16? Clearly you're a natural.

Don't stop playing!
Cool, glad it sounded good. Love to play. It's a meditation. Always thankful for these opportunities. Lot more fun to play with a live band vs playing with a backing track. Not easy to find folks to play with where I'm at. Usually have to travel an hour or more.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Just like I told you the last time I heard you play...your screen moniker should be 'Paul Desmond's Glasses'!!
Good stuff, man! Keep it up! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts