Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce listened to what I wanted to do to my Flute sound and sent me 4 head joints to choose from All reasonably priced and all fit my flute. (unlike the four I got from the fancy New York Store) This was a hard hard choice because three of the four head joints really sounded better than the aurumite head that came with my Powell Sonore. So I had them for a few days and played them over and over and taped them, got the best one to my ears and sent the rest back.
Bruce is a nice guy, easy to deal with and really knows flutes. So highly recommended. It always amazes me how the headjoint crafts the sound almost more than the mouthpiece on a sax. it really gets me to a prettier, more overtones, easier high register, just with that one change. So there you have it. Now back to practicing K

·
Registered
883 Posts
One year ago I was on a hunt for a nice head joint. A pitty that the shop didn’t have any of mr Bailey. They had 10 different makes and models (they had more but that was not in my price range) and I choose an Arista. It’s marvelous.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that listen over and over again to the recordings I made of all 4 heads at times I think I should have picked the Emerson Symphony or Bruces CL head sounded marvelous. Maybe in the future. K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts