Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
It could be because of your distinction status. Plebes have free run of the forum.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Maybe you need to contribute money to the website.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
That is weird to me. You would think it would be the opposite.
No. Actually, it makes perfectly good sense. There's a lot that you're better off not knowing.Perform this test: Go to the repairs section and declare that you use contact cement on your pads. See if you get any response. If you don't that means that you have been immunized and protected.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
There can be a number of reasons why this happens...

• You could be trying to view a thread seconds after an admin deleted it or renamed it.
  • An admin mistake. There are parts of the forum that you do not have access to where we may move a thread there while accidentally leaving a redirect.
  • Sometimes there are forum glitches.
  • Finally, if you’re trying to access a thread in the vBCms Comments forum, that’s normal and I regret to say that we’re not done trying to figure out how this %*#@> thing works :cussing:

If you happen to remember in what part of the forum where were those threads that you couldn't access, I can have a look and fix the problem(s) if I find some.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
This is, of course, the words of wisdom from a very large turtle....

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Of course, the Grand Turtle Council has determined that I'm not supposed to access that second link that's probably none of my business? :shock:

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Of course, the Grand Turtle Council has determined that I'm not supposed to access that second link that's probably none of my business? :shock:
More like ancient business – the 2nd link is an old marketplace ad moved to archives until their final faith (likely gonna go bye-bye for ever) gets decided.

It’s not the Grand turtle, it’s the screaming turtle.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Sorry Shane but you have to clear access to threads with me from now on. But I'll tell you waht, if you buy a soprano, alto and another tenor mby the end of the week I'll give you clearance for a month to all the threads. How's that sound? Phil Barone

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm curious to know where you got the link to that (the 2nd one) thread?
Links such as that one show up all the time in Google. It noticed it after Harri announced the "archiving" process of marketplace ads. These archived ads still exist in the Google cache, so they show up as legitimate search results until you follow the link, which leads to the "insufficient permission" page. You can still view such ads, for now, by clicking on the "Cached" icon on the Google search results page.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Ah, I see.
I guess that it is only a matter of time before those results cease to exist in the Google cache.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,600 Posts
I get that now for every picture at saxpics.com. I figured that my wife had contacted saxpics and explained that the site was enabling my addition for vintage saxes. Your lack of permission here may also be an intervention by people who care about you.

Whenever I'm refused permission for anything, I don't question it and just assume it's deserved because of the life I've lead.

Mark

1 - 20 of 29 Posts