Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The late great Lowell George of Little Feat on sax here

And David Gimour of Pink Floyd

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
"if you wanna feel real nice, just ask the rock n roll doctor's advice".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
I sat in for a set with Little Feat in '78...it was probably one of my first performances. Before I went on someone in the band said, "You'd better be able to play that thing!"

I got thrown a solo - bombed horribly, and pretended to play the rest of the set....then I got really drunk and threw up in their tour bus.

Not a great start to a musical career....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Edgar Winter

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sting played too much sax on the "Ghost in the Machine" album. Not that he did a bad job, but he should have let Andy Summers' guitar play in those spots.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dollar Brand (as Abdullah Ibrahim was then known) played soprano saxophone in addition to piano:

Horace Silver played tenor saxophone and piano on gigs when he was at high school. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Silver

Rhys
I love Abdullah's soprano playing but I didn't know he ever recorded with those guys. Getting to meet him and take a photo via a mutual friend was so incredible.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
15,836 Posts
Ken Curtis, better remembered as Festus on the TV series Gunsmoke, played saxophone and clarinet.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What? No Bill Clinton? You find a link.
edit- someone mentioned that everyone knows Bill C plays sax. Good point. I guess I forgot the titel of the thread is "I didn't know they played..."

I really liked the Edgar Winter piece. Commodores too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts