Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I wish to announce that I have joined this forum. Cheeky tenor sax playa from Swansea. I am sure this is the wrong place but I have looked at the forum index, still not sure where's best.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
So is Swansea in London? Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of information here. Some good some bad. I learn something every day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Classic, cannot tell if you are joking or not about asking if Swansea is in London. It's a bit like asking if Vancouver is in Texas. So very clever. If you aren't joking then sorry no offence meant, Swansea is a city in South Wales.

Yes I joined the group mainly because I am in the market for a bari to extend my range. I have played tenor forever and last time I bought a sax (novelty soprano excluded) I didn't use the Internet. I mean, it did exist, but I don't think we even had my space back then.

So yeah I have already had lots of information about getting into bari from tenor, very useful site this is and very helpful folks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
Across the pond it means vacuuming: "I am going to Vancouver the carpet."

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to the mad house Fovillian, you had a great six nations victory on Saturday.
As for purchasing an instrument of the net just make sure you can play it before you buy it, not everything is as it looks.

All the best

Kenny

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kenny, absolutely right you are.

Try before you buy unfortunately means I'll have a limited choice of baris. I suppose ebay/shipping etc. Is all well and good if you plan to buy and resale, but not ideal for your own instrument!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And more similarities between Wales and Texas is how damp it gets and how bilingual everything is. We might be on to something here....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts