Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I heard that somewhere recently that Moose the Mooche had something to do with Charlie Parker's dope dealer...Relaxin' at the Camarillo tickled me a little too.

Anyone know any other story's behind other songs that I didn't recognize?

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Not a title but until recently and since the 60's I had been singing the opening verse of the Ska classic " The Israelites " by Desmond Decker

" Get up in the morning bacon for breakfast" instead of the correct " Get up in the morning slaving for bread sir" Desmond's Jamaican accent had defied my ears.
What is strange is that I worked with Desmond Decker briefly in the 70s but still sang the bacon line.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't know of the story behind them, but Louis Armstrong played a couple of really cool titles. "Struttin With Some BBQ", "Potato Head Blues", and "Aint Nobody Gonna Get None of my Jelly Role".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts
"How come my dog don't bark when you come around?"

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
I was a at jam session one night and on the mic the leader said:

"And now we're going to play a tune called Butt Love."

I think he mixed up "Beautiful Love" and "But Beautiful" and somehow combined them. One of the funniest jam session moments I've seen.
I worry about myself sometimes, this one's had me sniggering since i read it yesterday.... when am i ever going to grow up!!?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Thanks for the giggles! A somewhat different tack: substitute the word "lunch" for every time "love" appears in a title. Always gives me a few laughs.:)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
"Git Your Tongue Outta My Mouth 'Cuz I'm Kissin' You Goodbye" - Ray Stevens.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,204 Posts
"How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You, When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life"

It's done by Fred Astaire and Jane Powell in the movie 'Royal Wedding'.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not a song title, but some friends had a blues band in high school called "Bend Over Junior and the Cracks". Always was one of my favorites.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts