Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering about the Beechler diamond inlay piece for alto? Anyone got anything good to say about them? Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
why not try out a metal beechler? they're great comtemporary mouthpieces. try different facings cuz they will sound differnt. Ex. a 7 will sound brighter than an 8 facing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
very bright and powerful for hard rubber. the small chamber makes this mpc less freeblowing than most . tunes sharper due to small chamber. lakey and runyon bionex are similar

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Yeah, I don't care for the tuning issues, but it is like Dan says. You may want to go a little more open to a 6 or 7 to be able to move the pitch easier and to make it blow freer.

Personally I prefer the M chamber DI's. The Beechler M is brighter than a Meyer.

·
6,862 Posts
I tried the S7S alto and it scared the crap out of me:) Very bright, penetrating and loud. I couldn't use it, but I could see somebody wanting to have one in his or her arsenal.

R.

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
2,960 Posts
i am lucky enough to have a jv wie 4s that i had him do for me. i planed to use it for lead alto but it turned out too hot for that. now its a r&b rock&roll mpc with a very small tip

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks for all the info. I tend to lead more towards the hard rubber pieces on alto. I often find metal to be too bright and buzzy. However, I do like a somewhat bright sound for the upper range.

·
2,960 Posts
try the m chamber -i like it better as does mm too. it blows a lot better tunes normal and is more powerful than a meyer.

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
danarsenault said:
Besides making generalizations, how can we tell you how it will work for you? Play it and tell us what you think. How a mouthpiece works for you depends on lot on who you are and how you play.
You're absolutely right, however I was just asking for other opinions. If I could find a retailer nearby that carried the piece I'd just give it try. Asking for others' feedback and giving a little in return is pretty much the whole point of this forum, no?? Thanks for the advice anyways. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts