Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
723 Posts
And, my apologies if you already know, but he does use mics to get the sound of the pads, and he wears one around his neck for his screaming to come through. I would say a fair amount of time with a slow down program, that can slow down but not alter the pitch will be your friend. I would not think this will be incredibly difficult especially because the majority of the notes are mid range, and when they are slightly high, they're just overtones. So the circular breathing will not be extremely difficult with the lack of range. The key will be to keep a good constant tempo, although Stetson is certainly not constant with his tempo. I love his music as well, I personally enjoy the righteous wrath of an honorable man quite a bit. Good luck with your quest!

· Registered
723 Posts
I have found in a lot of watching him play, he will do the repeated playing and do the overtones on that same idea, no transition. He will change patterns, but he will do the overtones on the same pattern (this is so he can keep the sound of the pads hitting in the lower register while quietly playing the overtones).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.