Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How to sell 3 year old sax...

direct me to where I could sale my daughters Alto Sax. She only used it for 3 semesters. I just got it back from Alan's Music Store where is originally purchased it from in La Mesa California after having it cleaned up and repaired. It is in excellent condition. A picture is attached. Please let me know where I can go from here to try and sale it. I need money to fund my daughters 8th grade school trip out of state and I would humbly appreciate any help I can get. If you are interested in purchasing it let me know.

Thank You.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Apparently, I do not have sufficient privileges. What model horn is it? And welcome to the forum.

-Birdman

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
You probably have as good a chance of selling it here in the For Sale section as anyplace. There are rules for posting that you would need to read, but before you that, you will likely get good advice here on just how much to ask for it.

The photos are a good start, but you need to tell us what make and model it is, where it was made and where it was purchased. If you post that information here, you will likely get a fair assesment of it's street value and perhaps find a buyer.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
I can see them. This is pure speculation, but i wonder if it's something to do with being "special"? ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
I can see them (contributor). It looks like some kind of student horn. There is some writing on the bell that I cannot make out. It has nickel keys and a lacquer body. I'm gonna guess it as a Chinese or Taiwanese manufactured horn worth $300 at the most. I wish the poster would get back on and tell us the brand name.

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Is it Slemer or Selmer? Not being sarcastic, I know that names like Selman have been used to try and trick people into believing they are getting a Selmer. Can you be more specific? Is is an AS-300 maybe?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts