Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Aw c'mon, the 'pipes weren't bad! Although I suspect the sound file was highly edited. But that ending.....HARSH! I do have a better appreciation for Kenny G after watching the video. But only because I watched until the end.

If the kids want to play bagpipes in your band, can they go get them from the local Music & Arts store?:dontknow:

·
Registered
Early 70's Yamaha YTS-21 with a 10MFan Classic 7* 'piece and whatever reed is in the case
126 Posts
Oh wow...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,566 Posts
Thanks Dave! A kilt is a requirement if you want to "hang" with the best on the pipes.

·
Vendor
15,598 Posts
You're welcome! I don't think clothes should affect the "hangability" of a musician though. Hey, you can even play jazz in a tux ;)

Well, with all the guys here that base everything off of science, you should at least test this by playing something in a whole bunch of different attires. Definitely nice hangability in a kilt, but you never know, other combinations could work well too.
Maybe you play WAY better when you are more comfortably dressed. These are questions that need to be answered! LOL

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, with all the guys here that base everything off of science, you should at least test this by playing something in a whole bunch of different attires. Definitely nice hangability in a kilt, but you never know, other combinations could work well too.
Maybe you play WAY better when you are more comfortably dressed. These are questions that need to be answered! LOL
That’s actually a great video idea...probably will be stealing that!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
As a Scot, I have to admit that I cant stand the sound of the bag pipes.

But burning a musical instrument !!!!!!

Och laddie, ye micht jist hae gawn a wee bit tae far.

On a seperate note.
I happen to know that Dave did visit his local pub in full highland outfit. He was approached by a beautiful young lady of about 22 years old, who asked him if there was anything worn under his kilt.
Dave replied, in his finest accent. “Nae lassie, everything’s in fine working order “

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As a Scot, I have to admit that I cant stand the sound of the bag pipes.

But burning a musical instrument !!!!!!

Och laddie, ye micht jist hae gawn a wee bit tae far.

On a seperate note.
I happen to know that Dave did visit his local pub in full highland outfit. He was approached by a beautiful young lady of about 22 years old, who asked him if there was anything worn under his kilt.
Dave replied, in his finest accent. “Nae lassie, everything’s in fine working order “
Hahah!

I also burned a violin and guitar ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts