Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Have you tried contacting the company?

On another note, is there any sax product that Joe Lovano doesn't endorse?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,169 Posts
lots of companies take time to answer, they are busy making necks or are on holiday......... :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,460 Posts
Good day great SOTW pals,

I am now highly falling in Ernie Watts's sound and I am looking for the neck Ernie uses.
How long has Ernie been playing this Schuchts neck? Was there a change in his sound?

Mouthpieces tend to have a greater influence on the sound and response of a horn than the neck - do you already have a Barone-modified .165" Link and 1 1/2 Plasticover reeds?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long has Ernie been playing this Schuchts neck? Was there a change in his sound?
The first reason that I seek the neck is that I just want to give more warmness and flexibility to SX90R.

Even if I can not be sure that I can reach to great Ernie's tone.

and the design of the neck is cool

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tino Schucht creates really incredible necks. They are very cool to play - easy, freeblowing, focused, with power etc.
Ernie has a special tone/timbre that doesn't come from the neck. For example Bill Evans and Dave Liebman play equal necks from Tino and they sound so different.
Give him a call, he is a fine person.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,410 Posts
Above all else Ernie is going to sound like like Ernie whatever neck he plays on ---you my friend will still sound like you--and is that a bad thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts