Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is likely off-point, but I thought I'd take a shot. I'm trying to contact Ron Coelho about a tenor mouthpiece, but can't seem to get a response from his website contact button. The website looks "live" enough. I have alto and tenor RPC mouthpieces that I really like. Do you know if he's okay? Or, out of business? Or, what the story is? .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi. I haven't been able to get a response from Ron's website contact "button". His website looks "live" enough. Is there another way to contact him? Is he okay? Is he still in business? Does anyone know?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,798 Posts
Re: Tenor Mouthpiece Website

This post is likely off-point, but I thought I'd take a shot. I'm trying to contact Ron Coelho about a tenor mouthpiece, but can't seem to get a response from his website contact button. The website looks "live" enough. I have alto and tenor RPC mouthpieces that I really like. Do you know if he's okay? Or, out of business? Or, what the story is? .
I talked to him earlier in the year after I did the review of one of his mouthpieces but haven't been in touch with him since then.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Re: Tenor Mouthpiece Website

I ordered a baritone mouthpiece on the 3rd of May, then had some back and forth with Ron over the next couple of weeks or so. Then I checked in with him end of June, and he replied he's working slowly due to some health issues. Haven't heard from him since, will try to email now since it's been a while...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Posted this in the Neffmusic thread too: I ordered a baritone mouthpiece on the 3rd of May, then had some back and forth with Ron over the next couple of weeks or so. Then I checked in with him end of June, and he replied he's working slowly due to some health issues. Haven't heard from him since, will try to email now since it's been a while...

EDIT: His email is [email protected]

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,944 Posts
Did you check to see if he still has a phone number posted there?

I hope he’s feeling alright. He used to prefer phone to e-mail, because he likes to talk while he’s working.

·
Administrator
17,291 Posts
I moved some posts from Steve Neff's "Tenor Mouthpiece Website" thread into this thread.

To dalegregg: it's not allowed to do cross posting, one central thread about this topic is enough.

Good luck with finding Ron. :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
His cell number has changed and he just moved to another house. After having some very bad health issues he is finally getting back on track, I talk to him at least once a week. Use the [email protected] email to get in touch with him.

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,787 Posts
PHONE NUMBER: 360-695-9240 (on his web site) he does prefer to discuss/talk rather than emailing. I have not spoken with Ron since 2016 but still use his alto, tenor and bari m/p's. Give him a shout.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Posted this in the Neffmusic thread too: I ordered a baritone mouthpiece on the 3rd of May, then had some back and forth with Ron over the next couple of weeks or so. Then I checked in with him end of June, and he replied he's working slowly due to some health issues. Haven't heard from him since, will try to email now since it's been a while...

EDIT: His email is [email protected]
Same story, still waiting for my baritone mpc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,985 Posts
Oh, if you're waiting on an order... well, that could take time. I've had mouthpieces made for me by Ron that took days, but others that took months. Baritone mouthpieces in particular seem to take the most time to get done. In all the years I've known him, he's never stiffed anyone. But waiting six months for a mouthpiece isn't an uncommon experience with this maker.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes, please be patient, like I mentioned, he just moved into a new house and should have his machine shop set up soon again. And Ron is so anal, he won't rush things, everything needs to be perfect.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have heard he's not a computer guy. You have to pick up the phone and talk to him. Then be ready for a half hour conversation. He's a talker.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the thought. There is a phone number on his website, I believe, but I thought email might be less intrusive. It didn't occur to me that he might actually PREFER a phone call. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry. Not my intention to "cross post". I do very little communicating with the forum. I posted a reply directly to a particular member, and then thought that I should solicit a response from ALL the forum, and so should re-submit it "at a higher level" than just the one individual. That was my mistake. I think I understand better, now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.