Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm trying to find out the exact age of my tenor MK7. Is there a chart out there?
Thanks to all;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is the serial number of your Mark VII Tenor?
The reason I ask is the Selmer serial number list is not entirely accurate. One place you'll find a different listing is on saxgourmet.
I have a Selmer Mark VI, serial no. M. 235XXX. It seems there is alot of crossover between the 220XXX and the 240XXX. They didn't leave on a Friday, then come in on a Monday with all new equipment and parts.
Some of the tell tale signs are the "Mark VI" in the front, the Eb-C right pinky keys being rounded on the VI's and squared on the VII's. The ring brace in between the body and bell being also rounded on the VI's and squared on the VII's. The low Bb key on the left pinky is much smaller on the VI. And if you have the original neck on your horn, you'll see a big "7" on the front if it's a VII but a VI will have a globe.

I bought this VI in '79 for about 850.00 and it's right near the end, but it's definitely a VI. From the information I have gathered, it seems the last VI was somewhere just past 240XXX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts