Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm considering selling my 62, but I've decided to get it repadded first. I took this horn to my local repair shop, which, by the way is quit a site for soar eyes. This repair shop (called A&G music repair in oakland, ca) is state of the art, and has a full staff of about 10-15 people. It's really refreshing to see them live and running with a large facility dedicated to repair.

Anyway, they told me the horns pads are basically shot from normal use. I guess I've played the heck out of this horn! The horn still looks the same from the day I bought it, with the original case and all. After a $250 fresh repad job, how much do you think one should ask for a yamaha 62 alto in this condition?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
is the Yamaha logo silkscreened on or engraved on the bell? If it's silk screened on maybe slightly more then if it is engraved IMO. Maybe 1200.00-1500.00 something like that if it's in good shape. I don't buy a lot of saxes but I got a YTS-62 that has the engraved bell logo for 1500.00. Hope this helped a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts