Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, recently within the last week the Low Bb Felt came off, a screw came out of my side Bb key and one of my springs snapped. How much money am i looking towards getting this repaired?

·
Registered
406 Posts
My guy would do that for free. It will vary shop to shop.

- J

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
2,547 Posts
The problems you listed are nothing big in themselves...if that's all that's wrong with the horn then you're talking about 'beer money'.
However, when things break or fall off it very often points to the general condition of the horn being of a similar nature. A good tech will spot these issues and discuss them with you.

I often hear of players who are almost afraid to take their horn to a repairer because they feel in some way obliged to simply agree with the tech and hand over large amounts of cash without question.
In truth, the tech works for you - not you for them - and while it makes good sense to follow their advice it's also perfectly reasonable for you to say "Hey, I can't afford that right now...I have this much to spend, what can you do?".

If they tell you that's not how they work, find a tech who does.

Regards,

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,890 Posts
Hey guys, recently within the last week the Low Bb Felt came off, a screw came out of my side Bb key and one of my springs snapped. How much money am i looking towards getting this repaired?
The first two you can fix yourself (as long as you still have the felt and screw), the spring is a bit trickier. It would be worth investing a some kind of saxophone repair manual, now if only I could think of one to recommend.... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts