Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey saxophones,

As you can probably tell by my username, I am not a sax player; and I don't know a whole lot about them aside from the very basics. I do however have a Yamaha YSS-62R Soprano Saxophone in my possession, (the one with the curved neck) and it is in perfect condition. I got it for doing work for an old lady in my neighborhood who knew I was musical (she didn't realize the difference between the trombone, saxophone, tuba, french horn... so long as it was yellow and of a reasonable size she called them all trumpets >:[ ) and thought I may be able to put it to good use. When I opened the case at home it was still in the original packaging, it hadn't been touched by whomever she bought it for. It has been played fewer than a dozen times, mostly when I tried taking lessons, but to be honest I wasn't very good. (the teacher could really make it sing though) Trombone is really where my heart, and skill is at, and I cannot commit enough practice time to get any good at the sax. I'd start practicing the sax only to inevitably switch to trombone. It is currently sitting in it's case not being used by anyone, and so I wish to sell it. I'd like to know how much it's worth before I sell it; I'm looking to purchase a new Shires Trombone, and if it is a really valuable instrument, give the remainder to get repairs done for my old high school's instruments as most aren't in playable shape. Could anyone give me an estimate of what it's worth? It has absolutely no cosmetic damage, the pads are fine, and the purple Yamaha logo is completly intact. Also, if there is a sax player out there who is interested in purchasing this instrument and giving it the life it was meant to have, email me at [email protected] with the topic "Interested in Soprano Sax for Sale" or something similar to that so I know it isn't just random junk mail. I can send you pictures, and we can discuss the price and payment form if you are serious about purchasing it.

Thanks!

TromboneMan

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,244 Posts
Try his e-mail, it looks like he doesn't hang here very much - his one and only post was last December.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts