Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,482 Posts
And how many here have even played a Borgani, much less in the different finishes???

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,482 Posts
My path has also included a Serie III - although I spent several years with a Ref 36 before discovering Borgani tenors. I've been on Borganis 15 years or so. Yeah, these horns have some girth!

Yes, they can change their character with volume. That's one of the things that I really like about them. If you find them overly "strident", I suggest two things for starters. 1). Be aware of your airflow - if your throat is closing up as you play loud and high, that will have a affect on your tone. 2). Reconsider your choice of mouthpiece - a little baffle goes a long way on these.

Since this thread has already had such an outpouring from the people that haven't played Borganis, I'll not challenge their faith with my experience. Feel free to contact me via PM.

Regards,

George

I know this is an age old debate with saxophones, but here goes anyways.

I just purchased a 18xxxJ silver tenor and after playing it for a few days, i'm wondering how tenors with the other finishes play, particularly the pearl silver. This horn can get a dark sound at low volumes but can get pretty strident at louder volumes. Do the other finishes do the same thing?

I am absolutely loving this horn. I traded my Selmer Series III in to buy it. I brought the Selmer with me to trade in so I was able to play them back to back. I always thought my Selmer had a fat sound but it sounded thin compared to the Borgani. I have happily been assimilated!

Also, I bought the horn from Junkdude. He was great to deal with and I thought gave me a good deal on my trade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts