Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going through the box of mouthpiece that i kept and just realize like 20 percent of the mpc i decided to keep are unknown hr mouthpiece. One of the reason why i kept so many is because i cant sell it for much and i normally sell it as a lot. After trying each one (10+) I remember why i kept them. I have some fancy mouthpiece that cost a few hundred but actually one of my fav piece is one that has no marking at all on it. How many have you guys came upon that are great players although it is not worth the money to ship it out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,033 Posts
Sure have....I stick a paper insid each one with the playing traits. When I sll a horn I put a well matched mouthpiece with the horn. I have a HR alto piece that is great, looks like a Selmer but says Italy on it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I used to have a big box of pieces, now it's a little box of:
2 Slant Sig Otto Link Rubber Tenor Mouthpieces (5*)
1 Guardala Michael Brecker model Tenor mouthpiece
1 Lamberson Alto Mouthpiece
1 Selmer S80 C**
1 Caravan soprano mouthpiece and 1 Alto mouthpiece
1 Vandoren Bass Clarinet mouthpiece
1 Dukoff alto mouthpiece (forget the size)
2 Dukoff tenor mouthpieces (like a 4 and a 6)
1 Ferris Alto mouthpiece
1 Claude Lakey alto mouthpiece (forget the size)
1 Berg Larsen 85/0 Alto mouthpiece (I think)
1 Yanagisawa soprano mouthpiece (rubber) and a Selmer soprano mouthpiece (like a G or something)
1 Strathon (spelling?) Adjustatone mouthpiece (Tom Scott 70s style)

I think thats it. It used to be easily 3 times that many, like a beechler mouthpiece, couple of metal bergs, some modern meyers of different chamber sizes, etc etc. Loaned out to students or something.....don't really remember or care about them. The ones left are basically the ones I like and/or have some sort of attachment to for whatever reason.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2010
1,159 Posts
I gave all my anonymous HR mouthpieces to a member here who was getting into refacing and needed practice material.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
Sure have....I stick a paper insid each one with the playing traits. When I sll a horn I put a well matched mouthpiece with the horn. I have a HR alto piece that is great, looks like a Selmer but says Italy on it.
wow, that is one good practice I will adopt. thanks Bruce!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts