Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my latest video, I met up with Mauro from ReedGeek, and he gave me an in depth lesson on how to get the most out of my ReedGeek. I've taken my reed adjustment to the next level, and show what I've learned here.
Hope this info helps...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice video - thanks for the review. You've convinced me that I need to start learning about how to do this. I'll order one today. I'm glad I've been keeping my old reeds! Actually, I had this in mind: that I'd eventually play around with altering them, and figure it out.

I heard that oboe players and bassoon players have to learn about reed adjustment; I guess you're right, that sax player's should, too, since it can make such a difference.

Thanks again.

All the best,

Alistair

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's using a Klang Bogen ...:twisted::twisted:

Nice video, though, very well done!
Thanks. Yeah I've been playing with them for the last few weeks. I like to use something for a while before offering up any opinions on it (unlike some others here). With this thing I could tell immediately if it does what it says or not. I'll be making a video about them soon.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is helpful, thanks for posting. But I have to say: I really don't like the idea of using the Reed Geek to work on the reed while it's in place on the mouthpiece. Seems like it would be easy to damage the rails. I'll be removing my reed before I get geeky with it, thank you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a ReedGeek as I recently switched back to cane and this looked like a nice alternative to sandpaper for flattening tables. Just did this to a box of just broken in reeds and they all improved considerably. Very easy and quick to do. Haven't tried the other techniques yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts