Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of the replies in the "Main lesson you've learned from playing sax" seemed to deal with the emotional and spiritual aspects of playing. An example. "It makes my heart happy." That is a beautiful thought. Please share your feelings.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts
For me, it takes near total concentration on the horn/music to play well. That in and of itself makes you forget your problems for the moment.

·
Registered
534 Posts
How do I feel when I'm playing the sax during practice?Focused.
How do I feel when I'm playing the sax during a show (happens once in a blue moon)?Lucky, inspired, happy, natural high, "I should be doing this for a living!".

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I'm really focused it can feel sort of timeless, which sometimes will get me in the "zone", a place which is so many things. Joyous, sometimes euphoric, but most often a spiritual place where time stands still. When the horn and I are totally connected I've played solos before where after finishing and being applauded, I've felt embarrased because I've exposed my soul so to speak. When I'm practicing, which for me is not very structered, it makes me very happy or when it's not happening, feeling like throwing my horn off a bridge. (No, wait, not my 10M.) It certainly isn't a boring instrument. Suffice to say, my music is a significant, and wonderful part of my life. I think I'll keep playing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Like I, my horn, and the music are all that exist in the universe.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i think it depends what you're playing and how many time are you playing...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,213 Posts
wet

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
Happy

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
Good but it's also a fight. I always need to be aware of all the aspects of my playing. Playing piano is much less of a struggle for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts