Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vandoren metal T75 V16 (older version) that I like a lot. I am thinking of trying a T77 V16 metal (older version) that is available. I know that the tip is more open (.110 vs .105 I believe), which is good. But other than having a bit more open tip, is the T77 going to sound and play much different from the T75? I know that it seems that they would be the same piece, just a different tip size, but I have heard that the different versions of the rubber T16’s have different characteristics from each other, and I am wondering if the same applies to the older style metal V16’s. Has anyone compared the two versions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I thought the facing lengths were different as well with the T77 being longer but that may just be a function of the slightly larger tip.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,305 Posts
The t77 has a longer facing than the t75. I used to play a t75 and moving to the t77 was a big improvement. The lower end of the horn, especially has a bigger sound and the t77 adds just enough resistance to tame the brittle qualities of the t75. I also have a t95 which has everything the t77 has except it responds slower and is a little darker. I prefer the t77.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know, guys. Thanks.
I think I’ll give it a try. I’ll let you know how the two compare.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts