Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I find the quality and the diversity on this forum to the best anywhere. Great information from people of different levels, different viewpoints, and always polite, as far as I've seen.

As someone who has been producing podcasts for over 12 years, including live phone-in shows, I wonder if there is any interest in a "Sax on the Web" podcast? Would anyone like to join me in organizing one? It could be a part of this forum, or something else (under a different name, obviously). All I can tell you is this: I have an idea of how this would be good, and I have all the elements needed to make it happen. The only thing participants would need to do is connect at a given time, possibly once a week. The discussion could be about what you've been doing, questions, answers, technical, beginners, etc, anything just like the thoughts written down on this forum.

Anyone find this interesting?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Randulo, this is off topic, but would you be willing to help me with what hardware/software I would need in order to record a podcast that would also allow me to record someone I'd be interviewing remotely? I've been trying to figure this out for a few months and not getting straight answers. PM me if you can help, thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,386 Posts
I thought about trying to get us together in regions but it turned out that I was expected to contact, coordinate and host? But I'm up for sax a SOTW nor cal get together in Sacto? ?K

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith you realize I am talking about a virtual event, online via phone, tablet or computer. I will be happy to organize it if anyone is interested. I will say here that there's no obligation of any kind, but that at a given moment during a week, whoever is interested in talking about anything saxophone-related whether advanced, beginner, teaching, buying, playing, who you listen to, how the gig went, what mouthpiece you make or sell, ANYTHING (that isn't complete spam, but reasonable promo of your gig).

If a few people are interested, I'll propose a time and we can try to coordinate.

About time

The most coverage geographically is around 12 Noon Eastern Time. Unfortunately, this is never going to work for everyone. If I am producing the event, which I propose to do, 12 Noon EDT is

9AM Pacific, 10 Mountain, 11 Central, 12 Noon Eastern, 5PM UK, 6PM West Europe (Paris/Berlin), 7PM for the next part of EU etc.
In order to include Australia/NZ, it would have to be something like Midnight Eastern or have two different sessions, one for northern, one for southern hemisphere.

Again, I will take on all the work if anyone gets onboard.

What do we have to do?

Just talk about your passion. Come with an idea or a question, or just come to listen to others and interact with them. It's exactly like a forum, but audio. I do a weekly podcast that began in 2007 and it's now audio and video. But to begin, it's best to do audio only and talk about our common interest.

I am going to be gone on a trip until mid-August, but if you have thoughts, ideas, or just want to be informed of this, please say so here. This is a labor of love for me, I am retired, I have the technical resources and can make this happen if there is interest. I think it could be fantastic.

Podcast? Wazzzat?

In case you don't know, the kind I have in mind is an audio recording of people around the world talking about a topic of common interest. It's usually about one hour long. It's usually weekly. It's always civil, obviously. Like a forum, it purveys information between friends. Could be reviews, news, anything.

You get the podcast episodes by subscribing on a phone or iPod or iPad. When a new episode is available, you'll get it automatically. It's free and part of your device apps.

I will be happy to answer any question before I leave in one week. I do feel a strong potention in this.

Why?

Just another way to communicate between humans who are saxophone lovers, players, teachers, performers, students... And also, it's yet another "social network" that allows us to connect.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I could get a few people to agree on a time and day, beginning in September when I'm back in business, I'm willing to expend the energy to make it happen, at least once!
@dexdex, hey you're n my time zone, cool! That makes it easier. I'll be watching the tread for anyone interested.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,215 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts