Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people post really fine clips either demonstrating a product or comparing multiple products. I was just thinking that it would be nice to have an easy place to find these clips.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Why? There is a search function where you can find them. And there are TAGS for threads if the poster used them. Lots of ways to find stuff already. Not sure yet another subforum is the best way to deal with it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Lots of people post really fine clips either demonstrating a product or comparing multiple products. I was just thinking that it would be nice to have an easy place to find these clips.
Great idea! Kind of like Neff does on his website. It could be divided into mouthpiece, horn, ligature, neck, reed and a comparison section.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,876 Posts
That isn't the same thing Grumps. The OP is asking about a dedicated place for recordings that demonstrate or compare equipment. I do a few of these as you know and that don't really fit into that category, which is more for reviewing the members' playing and performance.

Although I agree there are already so many forums and subforums, it would be good if there was a specific place to post the recordings which are purely to demonstrate the sound of equipment. The last post I did in this regard was just a set of scales, it would be pointless to put that in the members review section I think.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why? There is a search function where you can find them. And there are TAGS for threads if the poster used them. Lots of ways to find stuff already. Not sure yet another subforum is the best way to deal with it.
I suppose the search function works if you know what you are looking for. But what if you don't? Or what if you can't remember how the clip was lableled? Do people actually use the tags? I just like the idea of having a dedicated subforum to find everything.

Great idea! Kind of like Neff does on his website. It could be divided into mouthpiece, horn, ligature, neck, reed and a comparison section.
Yeah, I guess that kind of idea.

It could be somewhere us members could post our findings and I guess it could also be for the different manufacturers to post clips of their products.

That isn't the same thing Grumps. The OP is asking about a dedicated place for recordings that demonstrate or compare equipment. I do a few of these as you know and that don't really fit into that category, which is more for reviewing the members' playing and performance.

Although I agree there are already so many forums and subforums, it would be good if there was a specific place to post the recordings which are purely to demonstrate the sound of equipment. The last post I did in this regard was just a set of scales, it would be pointless to put that in the members review section I think.
Grumps, like Pete says, I think these are two different categories. One for our musical demonstrations, and one for product demonstration.

Thanks for the responses so far. Anyone else have an opinion?

Cheers

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Great idea Ben.
I hate searching for stuff, and info that I do find is not very thorough.

What usually pops up are threads on the topic that I am searching, from others asking for similar info.

The threads usually contain comments from annoyed members saying there is" lots of info on the topic, do a search." :evil:

Rarely do I find "lots of info" on topics, except Selmers.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,964 Posts
Grumps, like Pete says, I think these are two different categories. One for our musical demonstrations, and one for product demonstration.
Well, it is Member Recordings and Reviews. "Reviews" can be interpreted to include what you're after. Maybe have the mods think about editing the title to read: Member Recordings, Player/Product Reviews

1 - 8 of 8 Posts