Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know of a cheap, yet secure method to hang Sax on the wall...guess I could jerry-rig some deal, but I just bet someone here has a great Idea I wouldn't come up with on my own.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,033 Posts
I put a nice hook or turned peg on the wall, and hung the sax by an old neckstrap off of the hook. Very simple and natural for a sax, unless you like the retail look.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
I have a large box of 6/7 inch nails in my possession and a very good hammer that I bought from B&Q. $95 ono.

·
Registered
361 Posts
. . . must have been a maverick sax . . .

Bikedog said:
Do you know of a cheap, yet secure method to hang Sax on the wall...?
Make sure it's a strong 1" rope made of cotton, hemp, nylon, plastic or other natural or synthetic or other type of material. Make a large loop in the rope, leaving about three feet of slack on the short end. Loop the short end back on itself about a foot, then turn the rope and begin spiraling it upwards toward the long end in tight, intimate coils around all three lengths of rope until only about 6" of rope remains. Open the last coil a little bit and run the end of the rope (at the end of the coils) through the gap in the coil and then pull it very tight. Attach the long end of the rope to the wall (or ceiling) making sure the loop only droops down far enough to let the sax dangle freely when it is hung. Drop the noose over the neck of the sax, have a priest say a prayer, and let it drop!
R.I.P. :(

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just took the metal hook from an old saxstrap, screwed it to the wall and just hung up the sax with it´s ring. It´s hanging there for over ten years now. I actually also wanted to have it steamrolled but it was to pretty and doesn´t have one ding. It´s an old conn stencil by carl fischer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
214 Posts
Taylor Music, ND sold steamrolled insts for wall decoration. I had several in my band room. Much sodering is needed to keep smaller pieces attached to the inst.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
RootyTootoot said:
I have a large box of 6/7 inch nails in my possession and a very good hammer that I bought from B&Q. $95 ono.
Hey RTT, you could sell that hammer to the US government for about $800 and turn a pretty profit. They tend to make purchases like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts