Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
What parts do you mean? I'm not aware of horns on the original recording; when I've played it out I just played a "guide tone line" and took a solo. If you have two guitars playing licks there's not much room on that song.........daryl

·
Registered
161 Posts
yeah, I dunno what parts you mean, I've never heard a sax in that song either, but just make something up to play in the background (as long as its not too busy). Or work with your band to rearrange the song so you can fit a more active sax part into it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
He's talking about the Bob Marley cover on it. There is an awesome saxophone solo both in the beginning, and plenty of filler throughout the song.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
You might try SG: I've heard he lives there;).

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
If I never hear that song again it will be too soon, it was absolutely flogged to death on commercial radio in the 80's, just the mere mention of it makes me feel like finding a bar

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
If I never hear that song again it will be too soon, it was absolutely flogged to death on commercial radio in the 80's, just the mere mention of it makes me feel like finding a bar
...as opposed to the absence of its being mentioned - which still makes you feel like finding a bar. :twisted:

·
4,344 Posts
...as opposed to the absence of its being mentioned - which still makes you feel like finding a bar. :twisted:

:twisted: That too.... and we are in one tonight playing!

·
4,344 Posts
It still gets flogged to death up here in Melbourne. Workmates ears must be just painted on.[/QUOTE]

Arggghhh..... time to super glue the radio to a different station

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,848 Posts
He's talking about the Bob Marley cover on it. There is an awesome saxophone solo both in the beginning, and plenty of filler throughout the song.
I finally went looking for the Marley version. Turns out it's actually another reggae artist named Majek Fashek. It's often attibuted to Marley because of the similar sound.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I finally went looking for the Marley version. Turns out it's actually another reggae artist named Majek Fashek. It's often attibuted to Marley because of the similar sound.
Heh, heh; I found that on YouTube too. The reply's and comments about it being or not being Marley are something else, they don't hold back over there!:twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a second cover by the Skadaddyz where the hornline has melody.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts