Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a blast from the past, nice clip of Horace Silver with Bob Berg and Tom Harrel playing Summer in Central Park, circa 1974. Not the best video, but very interesting to hear these "up and coming" young horn players... gotta love it - zero dislikes. One of the comments
young musicians take note: this is the real feeling of jazz.
...yeah man!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, I don't know anything of this Enrico Dal Bosco but I liked his group's take on this one too.

·
Premium Member
18,616 Posts
Very nice Shawn, that clip of the young Bob Berg and Tom Harrel. Didn't know they played that well so young. Have seen both (not together) a few times live in the Netherlands at the North Sea Jazz Festival and in the old 'Bimhuis' (jazzclub) in Amsterdam. Both IMO very good players with a great sound, the ability to play their horns well and with respect for the history of jazz music. Thanks for posting :).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,833 Posts
thanks for posting i always love to listen to anything, by bob berg!, very influential modern player..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.