Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many PVC Saxophone on the web and I would like to know if anyone has some good dimensions I can use to make my own. I actually need it for a project that's due on wednesday...
I've seen one plan so far, but that thing doesn't even look like a saxophone, I'm going for something like

or

and maybe...

Thanks alot!
Sincerely,
Procrastinating Teenager​

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck finding cone shaped pvc pipe to make a true sounding saxophone body. If you could find it in enough diameters you could make your "cone" with a set of successive cylinders as shown below. Acoustically this has been shown to act like a conical shaped instrument and sound much like a saxophone.

Ok, but what about the mouthpiece? Is there anyway I can avoid actually using a Sax mouthpiece? I was thinking of cutting a pvc pipe at the right angle and using it with a reed. How long Should it be? And where should the holes be drilled?
Thanks again.

Well I just found a video for a mouthpiece, do you think this'll work?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Can anyone give me hints as to what Dimensions I need to use?
I'm talking about where the holes need to be, how far apart, how big. Should I use my own sax as a model? Would it be accurate if I did it that way?

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.