Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I recently acquired a Holton Tenor sax, it is a model 241, serial number 1990xx. From what I could find online, it looks to be a 1949? Anything really special about it?

The lady I got it from said her mother bought it new, but doesn't know the year. Her mom played it in school & bands, then her mom let her, and her sister play it band also. Their mom recently passed and I acquired it from them. You can certainly tell it has been played a lot through the years! Still in nice shape, and it still plays too. I like it for the fact of it being quite old, and to me its just a neat horn.

Anything beyond the above, I do not know much about this horn at all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good information, I will ask them if they have anything else on it, or pictures. I am in the community band with one of them, and that is how I acquired it. I am sure with a good cleaning/tune up this horn could sing well. They were not sure of the last time it was played, so for it to play at all to me is just a bonus!

It has the original mouthpiece too from what I could tell, the strap I won't use as it also looks original and potentially weak. Has a couple neat buttons attached to the inside of the case too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts