Sax on the Web Forum banner
901 - 913 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SOTW. What you have was made in late 1927. Could be a Rudy Weidoeft mode. lucky you ! To keep this thread more on subject please continue your conversation here. Members will gladly participate with information.
Meanwhile If you care to post some pictures here look at the upper right three dots next to your icon. FAQ how to post images.
Thanks PigSquealer very much for your rapid reply.
I take it by you comments that the Weidoeft strain is a preferred model?

I will need to accurate some tools, of course. Can't seem to find anyone selling Allied Tools screwdrivers in Canada.

I'm actually a clarinet player by preference (......if not talent!) but this might be a nice project. I'm 73 years old and somewhat handy......which is why my wife of 50 years allows me to stay.
Thanks again,

Laurie Lyon

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
…I'm kicking around the idea of undertaking an overhaul, something I've never done. I'm relatively handy so I think I could pull if off…
Careful! Overhauls are much more complicated than people think. I would recommend you buy the Stephen Howard book first. Then, try some simple repairs (like getting rid of leaks or changing a couple of pads.

Book: The Haynes Saxophone Manual

·
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #908 · (Edited)
Steve sold the last couple copies this weekend. It is now out of print.

Any chance you can post Felix's complete serial number list?
oh that's too bad it's out of print. They have re-printed at least once. so they'll probably print some more soon… I hope.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I will try to post those missing pages soon.

·
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 ·
Okay Kyle. Felix' serial number charts are now posted in a new thread here in the Holton area:

·
Registered
7 Posts
23174. I had trouble identifying this model because the neck is not original. Nonetheless it plays well and has a good sound.

·
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
What is that? Alto?

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Holton C-soprano, silver plated, keyed to high F. SN 14681 appears to be 1923. Beautiful little player, but keys are in kind of weird places compared to what I'm used to. Pearl on G#.

·
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #913 ·
…Beautiful little player, but keys are in kind of weird places compared to what I'm used to…
You can probably fix that with sugru.

901 - 913 of 913 Posts