Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the serial number charts as researched primarily by Felix Jungschlaeger with an assist by me. Felix was known here as LaPorte. You can find his old posts under that name. He also did a lot of the research on the Couturier saxophones which no one had done before.

These are only accurate lists of Holton saxophone serial numbers. Do not trust other lists online.

Distinguished SOTW Member
@soybean thanks for posting this is a priceless bit of information. I know you and Felix (@LaPorte) put years of work into building this. Maybe Pete can make this a sticky(y)

I'm adding the one bit of information from our PM. Thank you !

post #858https://www.saxontheweb.net/threads/holton-saxophone-serial-number-registry.70892/page-43

post #40 How to correctly identify Holton model number with...

Registered
Holton 241 Tenor; Buescher Art Deco Aristocrat Alto
157*** puts me on 1946. Nice. I'd love to know the purchase and ownership history of the horn. That's what I love about vintage instrument; the history and imagining the original owners. Does that make me weird?

Distinguished SOTW Member
157*** puts me on 1946. Nice. I'd love to know the purchase and ownership history of the horn. That's what I love about vintage instrument; the history and imagining the original owners. Does that make me weird?
Don't look here we will not see you for months.

Anyone owning a Holton sax is pre-qualified for a asylum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts