Sax on the Web Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,780 Posts
to be honest, and yes I have a 65 regent, my main interest is the two mouthpieces in the case - could be beat up pieces of junk, could be little treasures.
As for the price - this includes a 20% commission to the seller.
Ahhh ! Case candy always sweetens the deal ;)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ahhh ! Case candy always sweetens the deal ;)
alas - not in this case (pun intended ;-) but.....one lives with hope. As mentioned earlier I have recently purchased a Kohlert 57 tenor with a HR mouthpiece and a 50s Hohner President alto with a metal mouthpiece and I have NO IDEA what these mouthpieces are / will be. Sometimes, just sometimes, heading off to the Post Office or that DHL delivery is better than xmas :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes! Recently bought a 1925 what I believe to be Holton Alto Revelation serial #23258. Looks like the original case as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,571 Posts
Just spent the week playing a Holton C Melody at sessions. Was a lot of fun!
Dam! that sounds great. Makes me wish I hadn't sold my Holton C-mel. By the way, what is the serial number of that horn?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,780 Posts
does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?does anyone own a 1928 Holton baritone and measure the neck or send some photos with the measurements of the neck?
Be patient someone will help out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,571 Posts
What is the problem? Is the neck missing or lost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
collo mancante se ci fosse qualcuno che potesse fare delle foto con le misure del collo: lunghezza, larghezza e diametro del tenone here the model holton bari 1928
Musical instrument Reed instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Woodwind instrument
Musical instrument Reed instrument Reed Saxophone Wind instrument

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,687 Posts
collo mancante se ci fosse qualcuno che potesse fare delle foto con le misure del collo: lunghezza, larghezza e diametro del tenone here the model holton bari 1928
Calocan, you must be using Chrome with the language set to Italian, we've seen others with the same " problem", when you write, even if in English (and you have to here on SOTW) the system translates into the settings language.

Please change this on account of the fact that few will understand (I do, Italian is my native language) and because the forum's rules require it

·
41,687 Posts
ok ok as far as the modifications are concerned for me it is not a big problem I would like to know only the measurements of the original neck, I intend to modify the aftermarket neck by creating an octave hole in the body cap and making a receiver with the same original cap that luckily it exists. this baritone sax model originally fitted a cap that fits in place of the neck and serves as a protection for the octave key which rightly when the neck is not inserted inside the body of the sax it remains suspended without any protection with the danger that it can twist or bend, with the cap inserted this does not happen now I can make all the changes I want, I am a decent wind instrument repairman I think I can 👍 thank you for everyone

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ciao a tutti ancora una volta cerco "al limite della disperazione" se qualcuno possiede un sassofono baritono holton del 1928 o simile mi spiego meglio, ho comprato un manico holton baritono del 1928 mancante vorrei montarne uno ma non posso ottenere le misure esatte in termini di dimensioni: lunghezza totale e diametro del tenone, se qualcuno possiede questo modello sarei molto grato di ricevere qui le foto con le misure grazie in anticipo a chi vorrà aiutarmi

Attachments

·
41,687 Posts
again @calocan, your browser must be Chrome and it translates directly into the settings language, in your case Italian, this is really awkward because not only is against the rules but in order for members to want to read your post they have to tralsate the post into their language while the forum's language is English.

Holtons are rather rare a brand and baritones even more, then, among them you are looking for a particular type, the ones with the octave pip o the neck and the body with the keycup.

That's what in Italian is called " L'araba fenice " or an " hen's tooth" in English.

your best bet is to see the receiver's diamenter of your horn ( you have that), then purchase one of the many octave-less baritone necks on line and THEN determine if the length is enough, Should it not be enough you can still lengthen.

Even if you find someone with this particualr horn, and he will give you the neck, you still have to modify one such neck and chances are that you will have to do exactly what I described.

I think the Holton neck is ever so slightly longer than one of these necks but that may or may not affect intonation depending on the mouthpiece.

It will only cost you $49 but you have material to work on, rather than looking for the elusive possibility that someone may have a very rare horn which very few own.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts