Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Count me in - Gold plated spilt bell key alto and lacquered LH bell keyed 230 alto.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I just happened to find a rare pic of the first official meeting of the Holton Owners Group of North America (HOGNA)

Furniture Chair Hall Event Function hall

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Welcome, click. Congrats on the tenor. OK, now were picking up some steam people - let's keep it going before the crickets get here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the Holt
1,477 Posts
Team Holton (missing my sop for some reason)

Blue Wind instrument Brass instrument Font Chain
Wind instrument Brass instrument Material property Font Art

(in order) 232, 232, Burnished Gold Rudy alto, Revelation (Elkhorn) Tenor, and 241

Rectangle Font Wood Signage Poster

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Very funny!
This quote from saxpics.com is even funnier! "They do produce a quite respectable line of brasswinds, but I think they produced saxophones for the sake of saying, "We offer an entire line of band instruments."

Smile Tie Coat News Sharing

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,542 Posts
This quote from saxpics.com is even funnier!…
Well, Saxpics was/is an invaluable resourse, but he has been known to make mistakes and he has often admitted such. He used to go back and edit information but since he sold the site, i doubt if it is updated. He was probably commenting on the student Holton saxes. (Maybe he should try geauxsax's collection!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
just bought my first sax; a Holton Elkhorn alto (and that's about all I know about it!). probably not the best starter sax considering that "the fingering is obsolete", according to the guy in the shop I brought it to to get it cleaned up, but I'll give it a go.
Musical instrument Reed instrument Clarinet family Wind instrument Brass instrument

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Well, Saxpics was/is an invaluable resourse, but he has been known to make mistakes and he has often admitted such. He used to go back and edit information but since he sold the site, i doubt if it is updated. He was probably commenting on the student Holton saxes. (Maybe he should try geauxsax's collection!)
I meant no disrespect to the former saxpics owner . . . I just want the saxophones from Elkhorn Wisconsin to get some much needed respect for once!
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
just bought my first sax; a Holton Elkhorn alto (and that's about all I know about it!). probably not the best starter sax considering that "the fingering is obsolete", according to the guy in the shop I brought it to to get it cleaned up, but I'll give it a go.
View attachment 63600
Congrats on your first sax and welcome to Club Holton. If the horn plays top to bottom, it just might be the best starter sax ever! The key system appears to be standard issue for an outdated underrated horn.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts