Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have an old holton saxophone with a serial number of 19599 which from every list i can find makes it to old to be a collegiate. Yet it has it right on the bell. Can someone please help me date this saxophone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no clue what this is. Scrambled eggs. What do you make of the upper stack? very odd keywork. Common neck.
The pinky G half moon says 200 series. Same with the RH spatulas. LH Bell keys with straight arms. The wire guard is not a 200 series? Wouldn't be the first Holton I have seen as a mixed bag of parts. Still they play well.
@Psyphr some pictures of left side & pinky table could help.
Sorry thought i sent all the pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad to be able to confirm the it was being made at the time thats great. I've been trying to research myself but this has to be the earliest collegiate I can find. But it feels wrong because this was the revelation period for holton still wasn't it? Is it a left over horn that got the collegiate engraving is what I'm starting to question. It doesn't help but i did get the saxophone and a collegiate trombone at the same time and they were in a basement in elkhorn Wisconsin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts