Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
see:

a presentation I made on the "guitar strap" for saxophone.
The 'guitar strap" is a very good solution for carrying the bass and the baritone saxes and also usable on tenor.
See also:
guitar strap on a baritone sax (Fishbone):
and on a tenor sax (also Fishbone):

Good luck
Will Wunderbar.

· Registered
5 Posts
some extra tips on the use of the "guitar strap":
tip 1:
Do your own testing to locate the ideal positions of the strap rings by temporary tying the strap with some rope to your sax (shoe leashes work perfectly well). Check out my (you tube) presentation for explanation with pictures and comments. (See my previous reply for the link. Upper strap ring is just below the thumb-rest of the left hand and the bottom ring is somewhere at the bottom for bari and further up for bass!! (if you put that one near the bottom the load on your left shoulder will increase. Again: watch the presentation! After testing put marks on the sax to point out the strap ring locations using a (permanent) marker. Now you are ready to visit your repairman to do the simple modification (soldering the strap rings).
tip 2:
Don't (re)move the original strap ring!!! Just add 2 additional new rings. (I payed only 25 euro recently to get that job done on my bass sax.)
If you move the original strap ring a neck strap can no longer be used and that is an unneccesary limitation.
Furthermore: a strap ring is not expensive so why move the original one?
tip 3:
Do try the guitar strap, even when you are currently satisfied with your neckstrap or harness, IT WILL CHANGE (IMPROVE) YOUR SAXOPHONE PLAYIN' JOYFULL LIVE!!

Have fun!
Willie Wunderbar.

1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.