Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a hiscox tenor case. Got it in 2004 I believe and use it a lot. One of the hinges is coming apart and a couple of latches are missing the springs. Also it seems a little bent on the back side by the hinges. Lastly, the accessory compartment pieces are loose. I've had this reglued before but it's coming undone. I think it's missing a foot too. I wonder if its possible to get this case repaired, or if it is time for a new one. Any thoughts or experiences?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Hi all,
I have a hiscox tenor case. Got it in 2004 I believe and use it a lot. One of the hinges is coming apart and a couple of latches are missing the springs. Also it seems a little bent on the back side by the hinges. Lastly, the accessory compartment pieces are loose. I've had this reglued before but it's coming undone. I think it's missing a foot too. I wonder if its possible to get this case repaired, or if it is time for a new one. Any thoughts or experiences?
Just buy a new one if you can. You have to ask?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hiscox is one of the best cases and it is worth repairing it.
Latches and hinges can be replaced easily by someone with diy skills or a company that makes custom cases and should not be expensive.
Only if the outer shell is broken i would say get a new one.
Maybe the parts come unglued cause you glue them on the fabric but then the fabric gets separated from the polyurethane foam it is glued on. Better use hot glue.
What is bent? the shell?

·
Registered
573 Posts
....and yet it's falling apart.
Hiscox doesnt make the latches nor the hinges. They are responsible in how they mount them and how they select their suppliers.
They use British hardware as a mark of quality instead of cheap alternatives. What more could they do ?
In any case it is something that can be easily fixed without the need to get a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts